Saturday, July 27, 2013

Jackie's Journey So Far...

This blog is for me to share my experiences of losing weight.
I'm 28 Years Old. I've been a larger person all my life, trying a range of diets, fads and exercise programs. This time something is different. I've been on the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation and I've also been to The Biggest Loser Retreat in QLD. The combination of these two programs have finally enabled me to see that THIS TIME, my weight loss journey WILL be a success!


At the moment - my theme song is 'This is It' By Dannii Minogue


How I Got Here: Short Version
On the 1st May this year I weighed 117 kg - my heaviest weight so far. 

Two years ago I weighed 90 kg for my wedding. Three months after I got married, I damaged my foot and struggled to walk for 3 months, which means I relied on quick/fast meals because it hurt to stand.
The following 6 months after that it hurt to do any activity for a period of time longer than 5-10 mins (walking, running, aerobics etc), so within 12 months I put on 20 kg. The following 9 months I slowly put on the final 7 kg. 
April this year I went to a Chiropractor, having tried everything else to try to get my foot back to normal. She found that my foot had been slightly out of its socket all this time, and that is why it hurt so much to be on it for an extended period of time (X-Rays, doctor appointments or seeing a physiotherapist didn't pick this up). Over two sessions she put my foot back into it socket (it was quite painful), and I was FINALLY able to complete activity like a normal person. I couldn't believe the vast improvement in my movement in such a short period of time.

After I could walk again, I knew I wanted to get rid of the weight I had put on in the last two years.
A friend of mine had done the first session of Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation for 2013 and recommended that I do it with her for round 2. I signed up and asked my mum to sign up with me.
Mum and I had completed 8 weeks of the 12wbt (more on that later) and she got a surprising email - she had won a trip for the two of us to spend a week at The Biggest Loser Retreat. We were both over the moon!
We spent the 7th-14th July at the Biggest Loser Retreat and it was the BEST experience ever! (more on that later)

Since the 1st of May, I've lost 11.5 kg, which leaves me 15.5 kg to go before I reach my first goal: To return to 90kg and to have a 'Drown the Gown' photo shoot in my wedding dress. That's me on the right --->

My goal after that is to get between 70-75kg or a comfortable size 12.

--Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment