Monday, October 7, 2013

TBLR #2. Days 4-7

Day 4:

Today has been my absolute FAVOURITE day at TBLR. I started the day with a walk by myself in the bush to calm my mind and soul before another big day!
We had two of my most favourite activities for our morning fitness, boxing and rowing (we also did a mini spin class, which I also enjoyed). I was also super proud of my mum getting into a Rower by herself and being able to get on a spin bike for the first time. 

I've burnt around 750 cal in the designated workouts. Step count will follow soon!

I learnt a cool thing today, when you sigh when you are eating, it means your tummy is full, the sigh is your body trying to expand your tummy. Good to know! So when you sigh, stop eating!



Day 5: 




Thursday Started with another lovely walk in the bush. 

Then we had our talk with Andrea. We then needed to make our own lunch to take on a picnic. 

While I was waiting for my turn to make my lunch, one of the other guests ran to me and said 'your mum just fell down the hill, I don't want to alarm you, but I thought you would wanna know'. I threw off my drink bottle and began running toward the hill. I then saw mum in one of the golf carts. She needed both myself and Emma to help her into the dining room so she could sit down. 
I ended up making mum's lunch for her, and helped her as much as I could, and then I went off to do my morning activities. 

We walked up to the top of the grounds and were broken into two groups. One group started with Vicki to do a 'mystery' activity in the bush, and the other started at Andrea to do a 'mystery activity that spells F-U-N'. (then we swapped). I started with Vicki, and we walked into the bush. We needed to do a hill interval activity, where we walked/ran up a hill, took our heart rate (either manually or with our heart rate monitor) and then walked down the hill, around the bottom and started again. We did this for 20mins. A good, but hard workout. We then walked out of the bush to meet Andrea. We played a game that was a combination of Netball and Frisbee (I can't remember what she called it). It was lots of fun. Unfortunately my team lost. 

We then were joined by the other group for a BIG group 'water activity', but not in the pool. There was a range of activities that all pretty much involved sponges and a bucket of water, and pretty much all of them had the hidden aim to get us as wet as possible. (which was good, cause it was a REALLY HOT day).

We then had a picnic lunch on the top oval. Which was lovely.

I had to rush down my lunch as I was asked to participate in the ad that the Retreat was filming. We need to pretend we were playing water polo. It was lots of fun. We did about 7 takes. Looking forward to see what they get out of it.

After the filming, I returned to my room to get dry and to get ready for my massage, I was told that after I have my massage, I needed to take mum to the doctors. I had a good shoulder and neck massage. It was GREAT! I felt like I was on a cloud afterward. 

I drove mum to the doctor, we were told that we needed to go back tomorrow for an X-ray and a scan. 

Dinner was good, mum was soooo funny on her meds. She was totally off her face!

We were excited to come out of the dining room to be greeted by a snake. (3rd snake we have seen in 3 days). Vicki drove mum up to our room and I helped mum to the room and then we went to bed.

Day 6:

I decided that I would do interval cycling this morning instead of a walk, so I went to the Hanger and timed myself on my phone. 30secs riding Fast (on the hardest resistance the bike had) and then 30seconds riding slow (reducing the resistance) for 20mins. I then spent 25mins exercising in the pool.
We had breakfast, then Mike chatted to us about our goals.
I then was able to do the first half of the morning activities before I needed to drive mum to get her scans done (see below). We got back to the retreat just in time for dinner. While we were out we had subway for lunch (with strict instructions from Emma with what we could order) and I was proud of myself that I didn't buy any subway cookies!

We found out that mum had a baker's cyst on the back of her knee that burst. She was told that it would take at least 2 days to heal, so she wasn't allowed to do any activities for 2 days. He also gave her Panadine Forte and Voltaren to take to help with the pain.
What a busy 2 days! Hopefully mum will be much better tomorrow.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day!

Day 7: 

Started the day with interval training of cycling and rowing (instead of the walk). I then did a class of water aerobics/ deep water aerobics. (photo is of my view this morning while on the bike)
After breakfast we had a talk with the beautiful Dr. Cris about women's stuff.
Then it was weigh in. I said to myself that if I didnt burn muscle I'll be happy (since I lost 700g muscle last time I was here due to my sugar levels).
When I got on the machine I was pleasantly surprised. I lost 2.7kg in the week. And 2.5kg of that was body fat! (The other 200g was water) I'm very impressed with myself! Following Duncan's plan to not let my heart rate get over 160 worked! 
I'm soooo happy!
We had prawn salad for lunch (OMG it was amazing!!)




Then Mick explained our body scan sheet to us.
I relaxed for the rest of the afternoon, since I have a big day at Movie World tomorrow.
For dinner we had mango dessert and a filo pastry thing for dinner (picture above)
Another fabulous day at The Biggest Loser Retreat!



No comments:

Post a Comment